Join us this Christmas at the Royal Engineers Museum to find out how Christmas time was celebrated during the Second World War.*
14th and 15th December 10am-4pm
• Listen to the Royal Christmas Message radio broadcast by King George from 1939.
• Watch the ‘Medway Lindy Hoppers’ dancing in the style of the 1940s, with the opportunity to participate in the fun.
• Observe demonstrations of cooking with rationed food.
• Visit ‘Sapper Christmas’ and receive a traditional toy (additional cost £2.50).
• Make vintage home-made decorations.
• Listen to a choir singing classic Christmas carols.
• Have your hair turned into a 1940s up-do hair style.
• Listen to fashion historian Lee Ault, talk about ‘Rationed fashion: Clothes of the 1940s’.
•Browse through our in-house vintage market.
*Normal admission prices apply. Ticket valid for 12 months on gift aided entrance.