Tourism Top 10
Spend the day in Medway and uncover centuries of history at your fingertips.
There’s so much to see and do in Medway. From free walking tours around Rochester to attractions such as Six Poor Travellers House, Restoration House, Huguenot Museum and family fun, you’ll be spoilt for choice. To help you to get started, we’ve selected just 10 top attractions and things for you, your family and friends to do during your visit this summer.
1. Eastgate House - more information
The newly re-opened grade 1 listed house is now home to a series of exciting displays that chart over 400 years of history of this remarkable house. Step through the doors and back in time and immerse yourself in the history of Eastgate House.
2. Historic Castles- more information
One of the best preserved and finest examples of Norman architecture in England.
3. Rochester Cathedral - more information
Discover the history and heritage of this stunning cathedral – a home of Christian worship since 604AD.
4. Guildhall Museum - more information
Home to a series of collections that follow a timeline through Medway’s magnificent history.
5. Open top tour bus - more information
Hop on board and journey back in time to 1667, the year of the Dutch invasion of Chatham, known as the Battle of Medway.
6. The Historic Dockyard Chatham - more information
Discover more than 400 years of maritime history at the most complete dockyard from the age of sail.
7. Discover Medway by bike - more information
Medway has more than 70 miles (110km) of on-road, off-road, national and green cycle routes.
8. Royal Engineers Museum - more information
Home to Wellngton’s map from Waterloo, exhibits also contain items from different cultures and societies as ell as a range of military vehicles.
9. Magnificent Seven Parks - more information
Relax at any of Medway's magnificent seven green flag parks – some of the best parks and green spaces across the country.
10. Fort Amherst - more information
Britain’s best surviving example of a Napoleonic fortress.