Medway & Covid-19
Medway is currently under national Coronavirus Lockdown-Stay Home restrictions. This means that most tourist attractions and destinations are closed and only essential travel is permitted. We recommend checking individual attractions' websites before travelling.
- Rochester Castle - the castle is currently closed for essential maintenance work.
- Upnor Castle - Now closed for the winter. Due to re-open April 2021.
- Guildhall Museum - Temporarily closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- Medway Visitor Information Centre in Rochester - Temporarily closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- The Historic Dockyard Chatham - Closed until February.
- Rochester Cathedral - Closed to visitors and worshippers (excluding 11am Sunday Eucharist). Other services being livestreamed on website and Facebook page.
- The City of Rochester Society public walking tours - Finished for the season
- The Royal Engineers Museum, Gillingham - Temporarily closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- Huguenot Museum - Temporarily closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- Diggerland - Closed for the season
- Paddle Steamer Medway Queen - Temporarily closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- Medway Park, Strood and Hoo Sports Centres. - Temporarily closed due to the lockdown
- Eastgate House, Temple Manor and the Old Brook Pumping Station - Closed due to the coronavirus restrictions
- Fort Amherst has closed its formal visitor services, this includes tunnel tours, hires and special events.
- Splashes fun pool is remaining closed for an 18-month refurbishment programme
- Tours of Copper Rivet Distillery remain suspended
Shows at the Central and Brook Theatres in Chatham are being rescheduled. The Central Theatre pantomime Peter Pan, and the Brook Theatre Christmas production have also been postponed for 2020. See the latest theatre cancellation and rescheduling news.
Greenspaces and Country Parks
Medway's green spaces and country parks are now open to visitors. Play areas have also re-opened.
Riverside Country Park
Capstone Country Park
Ranscombe Farm Nature Reserve
RSPB nature reserves at Cooling and Cliffe
Medway's coach park at Curtis Way will be closed until the end of March 2021 as it is being used as a Covid-19 testing centre.
For more information and advice on COVID-19 and how to stay safe visit Medway Council's Coronavirus pages.