Medway & Covid-19
Most of Medway's attractions have re-opened to visitors in line with the Government's roadmap for easing Coronavirus lockdown restrictions.
We recommend checking individual attractions' websites before travelling, and look forward to welcoming you back to Medway.
Medway Council has developed an exciting alternative, flexible and COVID-19 safe festival and events programme for the summer. See the What's On section for information.
- Rochester Castle
- Guildhall Museum
- Medway Visitor Information Centre in Rochester
- The City of Rochester Society public walking tours
- The Royal Engineers Museum, Gillingham
- Paddle Steamer Medway Queen
- Medway Park, Strood and Hoo Sports Centres
- Fort Amherst
- Copper Rivet Distillery - Tours now bookable
- Restoration House
- Buckmore Park
- The Strand open-air pool
- Huguenot Museum - Opening for selective dates only during summer 2021
Attractions that remain closed:
- Upnor Castle
- Splashes fun pool (Closed for redevelopment)
- Eastgate House, Temple Manor and the Old Brook Pumping Station
The Central and Brook Theatres remain closed for now and many shows have been rescheduled and are available to book.
The Box Office at the Brook Theatre in Chatham has re-opened. You can also book tickets over the phone on 01634 338338 or via the Medway Tickets Live website.
The Brook Theatre box office is open to visitors 10am-5pm Monday to Saturday.
Medway's green spaces and country parks are now open to visitors. Play areas are also open and cafes open for takeaway.
Riverside Country Park
Capstone Country Park
Ranscombe Farm Nature Reserve
RSPB nature reserves at Cooling and Cliffe
Medway's coach park at Curtis Way remains closed while it is being used as a Covid-19 testing centre.
For more information and advice on COVID-19 and how to stay safe visit Medway Council's Coronavirus pages.