Medway Food & Drink Awards 2021
The inaugural Medway Food & Drink Awards in association with Medway Council will celebrate the very best food and drink businesses in Medway.
The area has more than 1,000 venues, retailers and suppliers all contributing to its rich and varied food scene. The awards are designed to recognise and celebrate those businesses dedicated to creating great quality tastes and experiences for the residents of Medway and beyond.
Medway Council is the title sponsor for the awards. Leader Cllr Alan Jarrett, said: “We’re proud to be part of the inaugural Medway Food and Drink Awards. Medway has a wide range of fantastic eateries for residents and visitors to choose from including bistros, independent cafes, pubs and fine dining restaurants.
“The awards will celebrate the very best Medway has to offer and I would encourage residents and visitors, to nominate their favourite food and drink businesses. I look forward to reviewing the nominations.”
The Nominations Process
Nominations for the awards will open 1 July 2021. Voting will open 1 August and the winners will be announced as part of a live-streamed digital awards ceremony on 6 September.
The general public and businesses themselves have the opportunity to nominate their favourite food and drink businesses across a host of categories via the awards website
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant sponsored by Gusbourne Wine
- Best Casual Restaurant
- Best International Restaurant
- Best Pub
- Best Micropub or Taproom sponsored by Kent Cider Co.
- Best Bar
- Best Cocktail List
- Best Café or Coffee Shop
- Best Garden or Terrace
- Best Shop sponsored by Dockyard Jam Factory
- Best Service or Supplier
- Best Event Space
- Best Takeaway or Delivery Restaurant
- Best Vegan Menu sponsored by Get Ready Comics
- Best New Opening sponsored by New Openings Medway
- Best Hotel sponsored by Visit Medway
- Best Street Food Trader
- Best Disability Access sponsored by Orchard Employment Law
- Best Food Offering