Court Farm - Food Outlet and Walk/Cyclists Trail
Court Farm is a longstanding , award-winning, diversified and innovative agribusiness known for doing 'No Till' or 'No Ploughing'. It features a farm shop that is open 6 days a week.
It is run by Andrew Lingham, who took over from his father Peter. Meanwhile Andrew's sons, Harry and Alex, have become “young farmers”, as the Linghams have farmed here since 1871. In true family business style, Andrew's wife Tania manages the general sales, marketing and PR for the farm shop and Court Farm as an established food brand expanding through eCommerce, strategic partnerships and special events.
- Court Farm is a picnic stop along the North Downs Way for walkers/ramblers and mountain bikers/cyclists. People who buy from the farm shop can use our public toilet facility.
- Its long established “Butchery & Country Larder” serves "food to go" like pies, sausage rolls, pork pies, Scotch Eggs as well as hot and cold drinks plus a unique range of traditional English meats and pastries.
- Families can also “Bring Your Own Picnic” to the lovely sheltered spot in the Open Barn with a kids' play area on bales of hay.
- Court Farm showcases ongoing outdoor exhibitions at its Fence Gallery, featuring arts & crafts installations, artistic metalwork and large sculptures by local artists.
- The shop has Visitor Maps for local circular walks through the heritage forest, past our stunning Blue Lake then down to the Medway River and Halling Marsh.
- The woodland trails are part of the North Downs Way that borders this ancient farm with its striking set of three converted Oast Houses (once hop drying kilns and warehouses).
- The "Oasts" are built into Court Farm's imposing Hall House which dates back to the Early Middle Ages' knight, Adam de Bavent and his agricultural estate of Halling from the 1300s.
The Butchery and Country Larder retails English meat (beef, lamb, pork, poultry & game) that is pasture fed 100% and locally sourced or reared on the farm. It features a delicatessen with cheese, pork scratchings and cold meats. A local grocer operates from the farm shop with local fruit, vegetables and honey.
The Butchery & Country Larder prepares at its production facility staffed with locals from the region:
- Pasture fed & some grain fed beef cattle and lamb from Court Farm's mineral rich fields on the Kent Downs, an area of natural beauty (AONB) on the Medway River and Halling Marshes.
- 100% pasture fed only beef from Ranscombe Farm's wildflower meadows on its SSSI - (Site of Special Scientific Interest) nature reserve of "national significance" near Cuxton and Rochester.
- Ranscombe is farmed by Andrew Lingham & managed by the national NGO Plantlife. Their Kent offices are across from the Butchery & Country Larder; Plantlife's Patron is HRH Prince of Wales.
- 100% pasture fed only Dexter beer and Herdwick/Hebridean lamb from the Kent Wildlife Trust and their conservation grazed meadows and grasslands.
- 100% pasture fed only beef & lamb from Romshed Farm's organic flower filled fields in Underriver, Sevenoaks.
Follow us on Twitter to learn more about the butchery and Court Farm. Visit our website or facebook page for special events and activities taking place at Court Farm throughout the year.